Do you appear pale, feel lethargic, experience shortness of breath, constant headache and frequent chest pain? Despite eating well, you are not able to figure out what’s wrong with you. Well, it could be anaemia due to reduced haemoglobin levels.
Getting a regular blood check-up is important. Normal haemoglobin levels are between 12 to 16 grams% for women.
Food plays the most important role in maintaining healthy Haemoglobin levels Below is a list of foods that improves haemoglobinand it is important to include few of them in your daily diet to avoid being anaemic.
- Legumes: Soybeans, red kidney beans and chickpeasare rich in iron, folic acid and vitamin C which are necessary for the synthesis of haemoglobin.
- Vitamin-C rich Fruits: Strawberries, oranges, banana are rich in vitamin C which is a must-have for optimum absorption of iron from the food we eat.
- Dry Fruits: Raisins, dates and apricotsare rich in iron.
- Iron-rich Fruits: Apples, banana and pomegranates, Mulberries and black currants are a rich source of iron and must be taken each day
- Beetroot:The dark pink juice has the potency to cure anaemia. It is rich in iron, vitamin C and folic acid.
- Herbs: Parsley, coriander and spearmintare rich in iron.
- Nuts & Seeds: Peanuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews, pine nuts, hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds too are rich in iron and help fight anaemia.
- Non-vegetarian foods like liver, chicken breast, seafood and eggs can highly boost your haemoglobin levels!